Let’s face it…we all love candy. I like raiding my kids’ plastic pumpkins as much as the next parent, but sometimes it’s just too much sweetness. That sentence goes against so much that I believe in…but it’s true. That’s why I’m showing you How to make an Easy NO CANDY Halloween Gift. It’s still a fun gift, without the added cavities.
I’ve been to the dentist 3 times in the past 3 weeks…so I could use a few less cavities this year. You can make these super fast and you’ll just need some slime from the dollar sections (Target and Walmart both had the slime). My kids love this stuff and as long as they’re somewhat supervised it won’t be too much of a mess. Just a warning, I’ve found this on my ceilings…so you may want to deter your kids from throwing it up in the air.
It was also stuck to my son’s back on his shirt. It really should be a mess free toy, but my son will make a mess out of anything. It’s a gift.
To make these, you’ll need:
- My FREE Printables, for personal use only
- Heavy Card Stock
- Black construction paper
- Scissors or Paper Trimmer
- 2″ Hole Punch
- 1″ Hole Punch
- Double sided permanent tape
(it’s the bomb, guys…you NEED this stuff!)
- Regular ol’ tape
- Wilton Clear Treat Bags
- Toy Slime
- Scoring Board
I was totally going to do a video for you guys, but my camera card was going crazy, so here goes a quick tutorial for you:
- Print the printables on the card stock, then cut them with scissors or a paper trimmer. Don’t cut on the dotted lines.
- Next, fill the plastic treat bag with slime, fold the opening at the top and tape it in place.
- Squish the slime around so it fills the bag.
- Score along the dotted lines using the scoring board, then fold.
- Punch the circle out with the 2″ hole punch.
- Next, punch the bottom flap so it doesn’t show through the 2″ hole.
- Place some double sided tape on the inside of the printable, then place the bag of slime on top.
- Fold the bottom flap in and place two pieces of double sided tape on the flaps (where my fingers are in the image above). Fold the top flap over and rub in place.
- Punch out one 1″ circle of black paper with the hole punch.
- Add some double sided tape to the back of the hole and place it on the bag of slime.
And that’s it! If you enjoyed this post, check out my other popular Halloween ideas and products:
FYI: This post contains affiliate links to some of my favorite products! That means I get a (very) teensy bit of compensation for your purchase:)