This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BIGSeason #BigLots #CollectiveBias
My kids and I have different views on Christmas wrapping. I want paper that’s pretty and I don’t like the classic red and green colors. My kids want something fun and usually something with cartoon characters. One thing we can agree on is we like the BLING! I decided to somewhat compromise on the Christmas wrapping paper this year. I came up with and idea to Beautifully Wrap Christmas Presents for Kids.
It’s pretty, shiny and colorful…three things that are a must for any present and especially for kids! My kids flipped when they saw their presents wrapped up. Partially because they really like presents (and they’re going to LOVE the Play-Do sets I got them at Big Lots). The other reason is because this wrapping paper is seriously FUN!
I got everything for this at Big Lots, except for the FREE Printable which you can download below. Also, you can see he lost his socks…one of the workers at the store found both of them in two different spots of the store and tracked me down. It was awesome!
Any who, to recreate this, you’ll need:
- FREE Printables, for personal use only
- White Card Stock
- Black and White Christmas paper
- Colorful Christmas Garland
- Double Sided Tape
- The key to a good wrap is to size the wrapping paper correctly. Measure your present on a roll of wrapping paper. Make sure the ends overlap and the sides of the wrapping paper reach up to 3/4 of the way up the present.
- Cut it out, then tape one end to the back of the present to secure the paper in place.
- Pull the paper tight around the present. To make sure it’s tight enough, pull it around each edge and smooth it out as you go. (I am really picky about this part…can you tell?)
- Fold the end of the wrapping paper in to make it straight, then tape it. Repeat for the other side.
- Print and cut out your printables, then fold at the dotted line.
- Place some double sided tape on the folded area, then stick it on top of the present.
- Wrap the garland around the tag to measure it. Cut it so that there is a small overlap.
- Tape the overlap in place with some double sided tape, then tape it to the top of the box.
I’m in love with this gift wrapping idea. One garland can cover A LOT of presents (they’re about 8 feet long). This is just a really fun and simple solution for gift wrapping this Christmas!