This Ham and Pork Fried Rice Lettuce Wraps Recipe would be the perfect party food for your next get-together!
When my husband and I first got married, I made two meals. I made them well, so my husband didn’t complain. One was spaghetti, and the other was fried rice. We had no money, and we were both in school, and I thought I was busy, so I would make this at the start of the week and it’d last us forever. I’m really good at making fried rice, people.
Chicken or shrimp would be really good in this, too. Although, ever since I heard the shrimp is the cockroach of the sea, I just can’t feel the same way about shrimp, and chicken can be boring…I think I’ll stick with ham and pork. Either one would be great, but both??? A-MAZ-ING! With all the vegetables in this quick recipe, it’s a great healthy meal option for kids (and adults…but even my picky eaters love this!)
I also use sticky rice when I make any type of Asian cuisine. It’s softer and, well, BETTER than regular grain white rice. You can find it in the Asian cuisine aisle at Walmart and it will have a big rose on the packaging.
Ham and Pork Fried Rice Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb. ham steak diced
- 1 tsp. butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. pineapple
- 3/4 c. frozen peas
- 3/4 c. frozen corn
- 3/4 c. frozen green beans
- 3/4 c. sliced carrots
- 5 c. cooked white rice
- 3 Tbs. coconut oil
- fresh pepper
For the sauce
- 4 Tbs. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame seed oil
- 2 Tbs. ketchup
- 1 Tbs. brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. chicken broth
- Heat a 1 tsp. of the coconut oil to medium heat.
- Season pork with salt and pepper, add to pan and fry until center is no longer pink (about 10 minutes). Chopped up and set aside.
- In the same pan, fry ham steaks until just seared, then set aside.
- Stir together sauce ingredients.
- Add one Tbs. of the coconut oil and 1/4 of the sauce to the pan, then add green beans to the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes, then add the rest of the vegetables.
- Cook vegetables until just tender, then add the cooked rice and remaining coconut oil to the pan.
- Add the remaining sauce, season with fresh pepper then cook until combined.
- Add in scrambled eggs and pineapple and heat for about 1 minute, then serve.
I also love these fried rice lettuce wraps because they have so many good things in it: coconut oil, fruit, LOTS of vegetables and protein. This version is healthier than I used to make because I use a little less soy sauce, I use coconut oil instead of canola and I make my rice ratio a little smaller, so each serving gets a lot of vegetables!
And bonus…the lettuce makes it really handy for serving at parties (and I love the crunchy texture!)
I like to use frozen veggies because they’re easy to keep on hand and I feel like they soak up the juices better. You can get the C&W peas, corn and green beans at Walmart in the frozen food aisle.
Make sure you add C&W Vegetables to your shopping list and don’t forget to take advantage of the $.50 off of 1 package of C&W vegetables Ibotta coupon good at select Walmart stores. (while supplies last)
So, will I ever get sick of fried rice? Probably not…especially if I keep changing things up like I did with these Ham and Pork Fried Rice Lettuce Wraps!