This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Back2SchoolStockUp #CollectiveBias
This isn’t something that I normally talk about on my blog. It’s personal and it’s been a rough journey…but I figured this can be of some help to people with the same trials. I have not one, but 2 children with language delays. Reading is one of THE BEST ways to help children with speech delays, so it’s a great idea to keep track of reading time. That’s why I created a FREE Printable Reading Journal (in two colors with 2 lovely quotes).
The toughest part of having a child with speech delay is that they don’t understand. Following instructions are hard, discipline is hard and everyday tasks that should be simple…are HARD! The thing is…I know that my kids are REALLY smart. They are creative, can work any electronic better than I can and they know how to work the system! I was lucky enough to have the resources to help my children. We did speech therapy with my daughter when she was three, she had a great pre-school and kindergarten teacher and now she’s caught up with the rest of her class. We’re going through the same thing with my son. Not everyone is that lucky, which is why I LOVE Kellogg’s offer for Scholastic books. When you redeem your offer for a FREE book from Scholastic, a person in need will also get a book!
When you go to Sam’s Club, look for Kellogg’s Products that have the FREE Scholastic Books Logo (like below). I chose POP TARTS because my kids go crazy over them and they’re so easy to get ready in the morning rush! There will be Demos in certain stores on 8/22/15 and 8/23/15! Check out a list of stores near you HERE.
After you get home, follow these instructions to get your free book:
- Go to https://cbi.as/ixma
- Click on “ENTER CODE NOW”
- Click on “GET STARTED” to redeem without signing into Kellogg’s Family Rewards OR click “LOG IN” to redeem through your Kellogg’s Family Rewards account
- Enter the address where you’d like your book to be mailed
- Enter the 16 digit code found inside your package
- On the “Thanks” page, click “redeem page” to go to the book redemption page
- Click on “ORDER NOW” to browse through the selection of over 80 books
- Click on the book you’d like to order
- Click on “Add to Cart”
- Review your order on the Shopping Cart page
- Click on “Continue to checkout”
- Check the point deduction authorization statement
- Click on “Continue to checkout” again
- Review your contact info for accuracy
- Click on “Place my order”
- Your book will arrive in the mail in no more than 8 weeks!
- Once you receive your free book, print out my printables, cut around the edges, then fold in half and staple in the middle. Keep it for your child or give it to another in need 🙂
If you’re not a Sam’s Club Member, bring this invitation printed out to the Member Services Desk at your local Sam’s Club for a pass to shop for the day. A 10% service fee applies on all non-member purchases when shopping with this One-Day Pass (not applicable in CA, SC or Elmsford, NY). The 10% service fee does not apply if the non-member decides to join the Club at the time of purchase.
If you have a child with speech delay, the best advice I can give you is to be patient. Some days will be harder than others. Just know you’re not alone and you can get help! You can do little things every day to keep on top of it, included reading, practicing sounds, and repeating their sentences. I also recommend doing a lot of play dates and putting them in groups with other kids as much as possible! Check with your pediatrician to see what services are in your area…the earlier you get your child help, the better!
Carrie @huppiemama says
These reading journals look awesome and are so functional. I love the colors you have chosen and the quotes! When my daughter was 2, she developed a fluency disorder (severe stuttering). She went to speech therapy for a year and a half, and she no longer stutters. It was a scary time for us as a family, because we didn’t know if she would be able to work through it, so I’m truly grateful for the help we received when we needed it. #client