By Thanksgiving, I’ll be 32 weeks pregnant. Cooking a full Thanksgiving Dinner is NOT in the cards this year. My poor swollen feet will not stand for it. I’ve been wracking my brain for dinner ideas that are easy and delicious…and these Easy Turkey Foil Dinners are just that. Seriously…SO good!!! They’re packed with flavor, the Turkey is super moist and the best part? EASY EASY EASY!!!
Instead of spending days cooking, these took me about 30 minutes to prep and I only had to wait 20 minutes for them to cook on the grill. I served them over wild rice…it was the PERFECT combo.
Easy Turkey Foil Dinners
- 2 Turkey Breasts
- 10-15 fingerling potatoes
- 6 purple potatoes
- 2 large carrots
- 1 lb mushrooms
Amount of seasonings for each dinner
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp herbs de province
- 1 sprig fresh rosmary
- First, boil potatoes until they are just soft (about 3-4 minutes).
- Cut up potatoes, mushrooms and julienne the carrots.
- Slice turkey breast (see picture for how thin).
- Distribute ingredients onto 4-6 sheets of foil.
- Shape foil like a bowl, then add seasonings for each dinner.
- Place another sheet of foil on top of the dinner, then seal it so the seasonings will not leak.
- Place on grill on medium low heat for about 20 minutes (flip once or twice during that time).
- Take off the grill, let cool for a couple minutes, then serve over wild rice.
Sometimes turkey breast is hard to find, so if you can’t find it, try ground turkey instead. You’ll just need to mix some salt and pepper into the meat and cook it for a little less time. You can also add whatever ingredients you like…green beans, onion (ew for me…but maybe good for you??), bell peppers…whatever you like!
I think moms do a lot all the year round…maybe this year give yourself a break??