This shop has been compensated by #CollectiveBias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
I’m not much of a baker…I always take the easy way out. Now that I’ve tried a soda cupcake I can’t go back…ever. It’s the easiest and most delicious cupcake I’ve ever made. They’re moist and fluffy and the icing is to die for. Oh, and they’re filled with marshmallow cream. Yeah, these Dr. Pepper TEN Spider Cupcakes wonderful.
Just a disclaimer…they’re called “Spider Cupcakes” because of the cupcake wrapper, not because of the ingredients. Just in case anyone was confused 😉
These spider cupcake wrappers will be perfect for a Halloween Party. They were really easy to make with my Silhouette. I just printed them, cut them with the Silhouette, wrapped them around the cupcakes and taped them. After that, I bent the legs. I used craft paper so the legs would have some color. You can use any color you’d like! I’m thinking they’d be cute with red or orange paper, as well! Also, you don’t have to have a Silhouette to make these (it just makes it soooo much easier!)
Download the FREE Printables Here (then leave a comment telling me how you like them!)
Dr. Pepper TEN Spider Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 1/2 c. Dr. Pepper TEN
- 1 egg white
For the Filling
- 2 Tbs butter softened
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1 Tbs heavy cream
- 1/2 c marshmallow cream
For the Frosting
- 1/2 c butter softened
- 3 Tbs cocoa
- 1/3 c Dr Pepper TEN
- 4 c powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together cake mix, Dr. Pepper TEN and egg in a mixer on low until it's no longer dry. Don't over-mix.
- Pour cake batter into cupcake wrappers (about 2/3 the way full).
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting.
- While cupcakes are baking, in another mixing bowl, add all ingredients for the filling. Mix until it's combined.
- Once cupcakes are cooled, fill a piping bag with marshmallow cream mixture.
- Place the piping tip (smaller sizes will work best) into each cupcake and fill them with the cream mixture.
- Next, combine all frosting ingredients until it's completely smooth.
- Pipe onto the cupcakes then serve!
I love Dr. Pepper TEN because it tastes JUST like the normal flavor with fewer calories…which is helpful when you’re making Dr. Pepper Cupcakes. I got the liter bottle at Fry’s, along with all the other goodies to make this treat.
My family DEVOURED these babies. I told my daughter she could have one after her nap…the second she woke up, she remembered to ask me for a cupcake. It was gone in about 5 seconds before she asked for another. Poor thing, I made her wait till after dinner 🙂
The beauty of these cupcakes is that you can make them with any cake mix and any soda. I’m thinking I REALLY need to make some root beer cupcakes with A&W TEN. What #drinkTEN combo would you make?
This is one spider my kids won’t mind having in our home! #client