This Holographic Cricut Vinyl makes this Spring Place Setting extra pretty! You can customize each hexagon box with these adorable spring animal designs.
We have another amazing SVG File bundle for you, and I’m showing you how to create these adorable Spring Place Settings using Cricut Vinyl. I’m really loving the holographic vinyl, and I knew it would give this project a special touch. I feel like the images don’t do it justice, but you can tell how the colors change with the lighting, and it’s perfect for Spring!
Really, you could use any of these images for this Spring Place Setting. I used the ones I created, but the eggs would be perfect for Easter, too.
What you’ll need to make this Cricut Vinyl Spring Place Setting
- Spring Images from the Fresh Cut Bundle
- Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore Air (read more about the Maker here)
- Hexagon Box file from Cricut Access (learn more about Cricut Access)
- Holographic Vinyl
- White Card Stock
- Tissue Paper
- LightGrip Mat
- Permanent Adhesive: Get it at Tombow.com or on Amazon
- Paper Plates by Sophistiplate
- Cutlery by Sophistiplate
Making Your Cricut Vinyl Spring Place Setting
First, you’ll open up the Hexagon Box file in Cricut Design Space. Resize it so the hexagon will fit on a small plate (about 5.5″). Tip: Resize the lid and bottom of the box at the same time, so you know they’ll fit together.
- Add a hexagon shape to the board, making it slightly smaller than the hexagon lid.
- Copy and paste the box and shape for the amount of place settings you need
- Upload the Fresh Cut Bundle Files to Cricut Design Space [Get the tutorial for that here] and resize them so it fits in the hexagon shape. Copy and paste the images so you have two of each design.
- Center the hexagon lid, hexagon shape and two of one design by going to the ALIGN tool (top tool bar) and clicking on CENTER.
- Click SHIFT on your keyboard, and click one of the fresh cut images and the hexagon, and drag them away. Make sure you keep them centered. This will be important when you assemble the boxes and vinyl.
- Click on the fresh cut image that is over the hexagon shape. Click on the CONTOUR tool in the bottom right corner. Select HIDE ALL CONTOURS, then select the outline of the image (so the outline of the sheep, chick or rabbit, or the border around the text). Click the X on the top right corner. Tip: Learn more about the Contour Tool in Cricut Design Space.
- Select the Hexagon and fresh cut image, then click on the SLICE tool in the lower right corner. You will get 3 images, but will only be cutting the hexagon with the fresh cut image outline (see image above).
- Select the Lid of the box, and the fresh cut image that you had centered before and ATTACH the images.
- Select the fresh cut image, go back to the contour tool, and click on the outline of the Fresh Cut Bundle image (the part of the image that will be cut on the Hexagon Shape), then click on the X.
- Click MAKE IT, and send it to your Cricut.
- You will cut the Boxes on White Card Stock and the Hexagon shape on Holographic Vinyl.
- For the box, you’ll fold all the edges like I have in the image below (the top and bottom will be the same).
- Add Permanent Adhesive to the edges of the box, the fold it like I have in the picture. It will seem more self-explanatory when you cut it out 🙂
I layered these boxes on top of mix and match plates from Sophistiplate for a gorgeous Spring Place Setting. I use these plates all the time for my parties. I used them for our Halloween Tea Party, and Christmas dinner. It was SO nice not having to do the dishes on Christmas, but still having a gorgeous table setting. I actually remove the chargers before we eat so I can save them 🙂
I love all the files in this bundle! You can even upload the bonus pattern files to Cricut Design Space and use them in any print and cut project you need.
I can’t decide which design I like best, but if I had a favorite, I think it’d be the chick. I mean…a chick with a hair bow? Dying from the cuteness!
What will you be making with Cricut Vinyl this spring?