After I made this ice cream, my husband told me that I have to always make Blueberry Ice Cream. I think it was a success. Plus it was served in my cute “I Scream” ice cream cone wrappers, so to say the kids were excited would be an understatement. Of course, you can serve this Boo Berry Homemade Blueberry Ice Cream in a dish and it will still be delicious!
I also made a blueberry topping for extra flavor. I didn’t write down the recipe because I just throw everything in there. Blueberries, a little water, sugar, corn starch and a little orange juice. It was good and it looks extra creepy (and I’m ALL about making things look creepy), but it’s definitely not necessary!
I know some places will be pretty chilly by the time Halloween rolls around…but I think ice cream is always a good idea. Maybe just put on a sweater? I’ll still be wearing flip flops, so I’ll be eating this at Christmas time, too.
"Boo Berry" Homemade Blueberry Ice Cream
- 1 c milk or half and half
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c sugar
- Blueberry Flavoring
- 1 c blueberries
- 1 6 oz container blueberry yogurt
- 1 Tbs vanilla flavoring
- 3/4 c whipping cream
- To make the custard, combine milk, eggs and sugar (I used a blender).
- Heat a pan to medium high heat, then add in the milk mixture. Stir constantly so it doesn't scorch.
- Once the mixture is bubbling, cook for another 2 minutes or until thickened. Set aside.
- In a blender, combine blueberries, yogurt, and vanilla flavoring. Blend until smooth.
- Mix the blueberry flavoring with the custard until combined, then put in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Add the mixture to an ice cream maker, then slowly add in the whipping cream.
- Keep in the ice cream maker until it is hardened, then serve!
You can also add a couple drops of blue food coloring to make the color more vibrant. If you don’t have an ice cream maker
, go ahead and mix all the ingredients together and stick it in the freezer. I just think it’s more creamy if you have an ice cream maker. I got mine on Amazon HERE. (affiliate link)
If you haven’t already, head back to my “I Scream” cone wrappers and download those while your ice cream is freezing!
What a fun idea for Halloween! I’m thinking a Halloween ice cream party on the horizon. Thanks for sharing such a delicious recipe.