This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, MARS. All opinions are mine alone. #BOOItForward #CollectiveBias
You’ll love all the elegant and spooky Black and Gold Halloween Party Ideas in this post! Get yummy recipes, decor tips, and free printables!
This post is pretty much 3 in one. It is jam packed with Halloween Party Ideas. My favorite thing about this party is that I just worked with the decor I already bought! I had already begun decorating my bookshelf with black and gold Halloween decor; then I just added the food! Also, your guests will love the idea to BOO It Forward with my Take Home BOO Bags!
Make sure you make it all the way to the end of this post for a chance to win a $500 Walmart Gift Card!
Halloween Party Decor
For kid parties, I love adding a lot of colors, but I wanted this to be a little more elegant, so I stuck with a simple color palette of black, white, and gold. I added pops of mint to make it interesting, but it’s still really subtle and classy.
Gold is really in style now, so you can find gold Halloween decor most places, like this gold skull. I painted the gold hand and bones shown on the other shelves. I also found other gold decor that wasn’t necessarily for Halloween, but still matched perfectly!
As you know, I love decorating with printables because it’s an inexpensive way to spice up a party. I designed printable cupcake toppers, gift bag toppers, book covers, and word art for this party. I also cut out some cute bows and bats with my Cricut Explore Air.
Take Home BOO Bags
I wanted guests to go home with their own candy and spread the holiday spirit with some Take Home BOO Bags. They’re super simple to put together. You’ll need:
- FREE Printable BOO it Foward Cards
- Black American Greetings® Gift Bags
- Your choice of something sweet, like Rice Krispies Treats®, Skittles®, Starburst®, Life Savers® Gummies, TWIX® and SNICKERS®
- OR Include something savory like Cheez-It® Crackers or Pringles®
- Cellophane bags
- Baker’s Twine
You can find everything you need for this BOO it Forward kit at Walmart. You’ll fill the cellophane bags with candy and tie it with baker’s twine. Attach them to the BOO it Forward cards from BOOitForward.com, then place 2 of these in the black bags from American Craft®.
If there’s enough room, add in a couple of the A&W® Monster cans* because they are Ca-UTE! Make sure you redeem the ibotta coupon for $1 cash back! *Find these limited edition cans in-store at your local Walmart.
You can then fold the top of the bag down and glue the Thank You Tags to the top of the bag. It’s a cute way to display party favors!
Download the FREE Printables Below:
Halloween Party Food
For me, Halloween is ALL about the sweets! We had SNICKERS® Fun Size, TWIX® Fun Size, and M&M’s® Fun Size, Rice Krispie Treats®, chocolate covered cookies, and the shining jewel was the Chocolate Caramel TWIX® Cheesecake!
I discovered when I created my daughter’s party this summer that cheesecake is SO easy to make. Plus, I’m not much of a cake person, so this is the perfect substitute.
Note: I used mini springform pans for this recipe, and it made 3. You can simply use one large springform pan!
Chocolate Caramel Twix® Cheesecake
For the Crust
- 2 c. finely ground Chocolate Graham Crackers
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter melted
- 2 tsp. sugar
- For the Filling
- 2 8- ounce blocks cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 2 c. sour cream
- 1 Tbs. caramel sauce
For the Topping
- Twix® fun size candy bars cut up
- Caramel Sauce
- Chocolate Sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine graham crackers and sugar, then pour butter on top. Stir until moistened.
- Lightly spray the inside of a springform pan, then pour crumbs into pan.
- Press the crumbs into the pan, then refrigerate for a few minutes.
- In an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on low until there are no longer any lumps.
- Add one egg at a time and beat on low until combined.
- Gradually add sugar and beat for about 2 minutes. Make sure you scrape the sides of the bowl periodically.
- Add the rest of the filling ingredients and beat until combined.
- Pour into the pan on top of the crust.
- Fill a baking dish with 1 inch of water and place it on the bottom rack.
- Place springform pan on a cookie sheet and place that in the top rack in the oven.
- Bake for about 45 minutes. The sides of the cake should be light brown and the filling should still jiggle.
- Let cook for about 30 minutes, then chill in the refrigerators for at least 4 hours.
- Top with Twix® candy bars, caramel sauce and chocolate sauce, then serve!
To make the Rice Krispie Treats®, just buy them, cut them in half, poke them with sticks and drizzle with chocolate! I make horrible looking cake pops, so I have to improvise, and these were the perfect solution. Plus, they’re delicious!
I used an edible marker to draw spider webs on these chocolate covered cookies and roses. It’s the little details that will make your party stand out!
For drinks, I served A&W Monster Cans in an ice bucket. If you are putting it on a beautiful piece of furniture, make sure you have a towel or something that will suck up the moisture. Or simply move it when it starts melting!
So, the biggest takeaways for the perfect Halloween Party Ideas?
- Use decor you already have–seriously…don’t go into debt for a party!
- Make easy (but yummy) food
- Printables make everything better
- End the night with a fun BOO it Forward Activity!
Now, for the good stuff! Want to win a $500 Walmart Gift Card? OF COURSE, you do…details below!