This Robot Craft is an excellent way to use up old milk cartons. All you need is some scissors, paper, paint and glue! It’s a quick craft you can create with your child.
I created this Robot Craft out of the milk carton from my Banana S’mores Hot Chocolate Recipe. My son was having a hard time deciding what type of birthday party he wanted, but when he saw this, he HAD to have a robot birthday party. I always try to add most of the details that my kids request. Luckily, they still think cupcakes are the most exciting thing, so it’s not TOO much work! The party turned out cute, and I’ll be showing you details soon!
To make this Robot Craft, you’ll need:
- Free Printable, for personal use only
- White Card Stock
- 1 Gallon Milk Carton
- White Acrylic Paint
- Red Paper
- Scissors or Paper Trimmer
- Wash out the inside of the milk carton and let it dry.
- Paint the outside with white paint and let it dry (I did a couple of coats).
- Print out the printables and cut them out while the paint is drying.
- Glue the printables to the front of the carton.
- Cut out 11″ X 1″ strips of red paper.
- Fold every inch, back and forth to make a zig zag pattern.
- Glue to the sides of the carton and let the glue dry.
This little guy was also the perfect edition to my son’s party decor. It took up some space and added height. It looked like he was the king robot and he had some minion juice box robots.
What kind of crafts do you do with your kids? Our crafts almost always involve paper of some sort! Follow along with “Craft Lightning” for other fun kid craft ideas!
Note: This post contains affiliate links, which means I get a little commission off of your purchases from my link, with no extra charge to you!