I was compensated for this post by Hillshire Brands. I belong to the Mom It Forward Blogger Network.
My husband and I like to explore each place we live…mostly we like trying out new places to eat. In his spare time, my husband looks on Yelp and we try new restaurants based on reviews. Last week, we took a chance and tried Food Truck Fridays in downtown Phoenix. It was so fun and I loved that we could each choose where we wanted to eat. Since we’re so much alike, though, we chose the Hot Dog food truck. It was SOOO yummy and that was the inspiration behind my Spicy Smoked Sausage Wraps.
This food truck used flat bread instead of hot dog buns. I thought it was genius…and since I’m from New Mexico, I thought these would be good in a tortilla…and I was so right! I like hot dogs, but this tastes phenomenal with Hillshire Brands Smoked Sausage. They’re so rich in flavor, plus you get the added bonus of protein.
- 2 c. coleslaw mix
- 1/4 c. corn
- 1/2 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs. cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 14 oz Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage
- 2 Small Tortillas
- BBQ Sauce
- Combine all the coleslaw ingredients together in a medium bowl, then chill.
- While coleslaw is chilling, heat a non-stick pan to medium heat.
- Cut sausage every 1 inch, then add to pan.
- Cook until edges are browned, about 8 minutes.
- Place cooked sausage on tortilla, top with coleslaw and drizzle with BBQ sauce, then serve!
If you have a Safeway near you, make sure you sign up for the J4U coupon program and you can get $0.55 off Hillshire Brands’ Smoked Sausage. This coupon program is great! I already have a Safeway card, so I just signed up and it linked all my info with my card. Now, I can add coupons on my Safeway app on my phone and when I check out, the discounts are automatically taken off. I’m not a “couponer” because of all the time it takes, but this is something I can definitely do!
Check out some more recipes for Hillshire Brands: