This Margarita Mix Chicken Quinoa Taco Recipe would be the perfect dish for your Cinco de Mayo Party!
I grew up in New Mexico, so naturally I think Tacos are manna from Heaven. We have them in our house once a week, AT LEAST. I love to try new recipes, add something extra, but I basically use the same ingredients every time. And they turn out amazing EVERY TIME…just like this Margarita Mix Chicken Quinoa Taco Recipe.
A little disclaimer…I’ve never had a margarita…or any other mixed drink for that matter because I don’t drink alcohol. I actually got the idea from my mom, so you know it’s okay, right? The margarita mix has such a great flavor and you can find it in any store. Plus, you don’t have to squeeze a bajillion limes to make the marinade. I also put some of the mix in a glass with some coconut syrup and club soda…DELICIOUS!
If you’re leery of the quinoa on a taco, don’t be. It adds some great texture and a little extra saltiness that I love. You could substitute it for rice (with a lot of extra calories), or leave it off. Just promise me you’ll give it a shot, though…mmkay? I actually keep already made quinoa on hand because I put it in a lot of salads and it makes the prep time so much easier!
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- 1 c. margarita mix
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbs. olive oil or butter
- 1 c. cooked quinoa
- Coconut Oil
- 6-8 Corn tortillas
- Add chicken breast, margarita mix and salt and pepper to a plastic bag and marinate at least 2 hours.
- Once the chicken is done marinating, heat olive oil in a pan to medium, then add chicken to pan.
- Cook on each side until chicken is cooked all the way through (about 7 minutes on each side), cut chicken into small chunks, then add back to the pan for a minute. Set aside.
- Heat another pan to medium high heat and add about 1 tsp. coconut oil per tortilla. Place tortillas in pan (do not layer one on top of the other).
- Cook on each side until the tortilla is crispy.
- Season quinoa with a little lime juice and salt and pepper.
- Layer tortilla with quinoa, chicken, the pineapple and avocados and serve!
If you need some other Cinco de Mayo recipes, check out these 9 other ideas from some of my favorite Creative Foodies!
Watermelon Jicama Salad by Mom Endeavors
Cheesy Bubble Up Enchiladas by See Vanessa Craft
Black Bean Salsa Salad by A Night Owl Blog
Easy Mexican Layer Salad by Spaceships & Laserbeams
Mexican Rice Casserole by Mommy Hates Cooking
Black Bean Dip by Two Twenty One
Churro Cupcakes by Happiness is Homemade
Taco Salad Bites by Play Party Plan
Margarita Mix Chicken Quinoa Tacos by Strawberry Mommycakes
Homemade Churro Bites by The Idea Room