My husband and I love Jamba Juice. I always get a Carribean Passion smoothie and the blackberry oatmeal. We live right by one, but it’s not always practical or economical to go there. So, I make a copycat at home 🙂 You can see my favorite smoothie recipe here and try out this yummy steel cut oatmeal recipe here. So so good..so easy and the berry sauce will last you through many breakfasts! I’m not a morning person, and my breakfasts don’t come along very often, so it tells you something when I say I make this A LOT!
- 1 c blueberries
- 1 c raspberries
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup cold water
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 c. steel cut oats
- 4 c. water
- dash of salt
- Brown sugar, to taste,
- milk, to taste
- Pour berries, water, orange juice and sugar into a large saucepan.
- Bring to boil over medium heat.
- Combine cornstarch with cold water.
- Mix cornstarch mixture into the berry mixture. Bring temperature down to low.
- Simmer until mixture is thick, then add cinnamon. Serve with oatmeal immediately or store.
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in oats, reduce heat to low.
- Simmer, uncovered over low heat for 25-50 minutes. Sir occasionnally.
- Remove from heat, serve in individual bowls and top with brown sugar, milk and sauce mixture.