Bratwursts are one of my all-time favorite things to eat. I knew that with this meal, I wouldn’t be able to eat a whole one, so I decided to make these bite-sized…and they were YUMMY! Shocker, they were my favorite part of the meal 🙂
- 5 bratwurst links, sliced
- 3 dill pickles, thinly sliced (I use Claussen)
- 5 slices of muenster cheese, cut into 1" squares
- 1 loaf French bread, cut in 1" cubes
- 3 Tbs mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs mustard
- Heat a large pan to medium heat. Add sliced bratwurst to pan. Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes, stirring often. These can burn easily, so make sure you check it. Check to make sure the inside is cooked through. While bratwurst is cooking, preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Place each piece of bratwurst on a toothpick. Next add the cheese on top. Place these on a cookie sheet and place in the oven until cheese is melted (about 5 minutes).
- Add pickle, then bread to the toothpick. Mix mayo and mustard in a small bowl and use to dip your bratwurst bites in. Easy peasy!
Check out the rest of the meal plan: