This prosciutto wrapped asparagus is my go to side dish. I had something like this at a restaurant in Scottsdale and I had to make my own version of it. You will never want to have asparagus any other way…I promise! The combination of the salty prosciutto with a sweet sauce and crunchy panko crumbs is perfection!
- 1 lb. asparagus
- 3 oz prosciutto slices
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. water
- panko crumbs (optional)
- Fill a pan with 1" of water and bring to a boil.
- Add asparagus and boil for 1 minute. Remove from pan.
- Heat a pan to heat.
- Meanwhile, wrap asparagus in prosciutto slices (I use 1/4 of a slice for small and 1/2 of a slice for larger asparagus).
- Add to heated pan and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir together brown sugar and water and stir into asparagus.
- Cook for one more minute. Sprinkle with panko crumbs and serve.
Check out my Leftover Turkey Salad and stay tuned for more Thanksgiving and Christmas posts for my Week of Holidays!
Linked up to: