I love a good grilled cheese…but sometimes it needs something extra to keep from feeling like you’re 5 years old. This version is my FAVORITE way to eat a grilled cheese. I love it coupled with my Roasted Pepper Tomato Soup!
- 4 slices sour dough bread
- cheddar cheese
- 6-8 Mediterranean olives, sliced
- 1-2 roasted red peppers, sliced
- 12 slices italian salami
- butter spread
- Heat a pan to medium heat. Butter one side of each slice of bread. Layer on cheddar cheese, then salami, then peppers and olives and top with cheese and bread again. Grill each side until toasty on each side.
And the soup recipe is so easy, but it tastes like you spent hours on it. I’m almost embarrassed to write down the directions because it’s so easy. You will need a heavy duty blender, like a Blendtec Blender. I use mine just about everyday. Then you can rinse it out and make my Chunky Monkey Ice Cream afterward! Win/Win 🙂
- 1 vine ripe tomato
- 1/4 c. chicken broth
- 3-4 roasted red peppers
- 1/2 c. canned diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add your items to your Blendtec Blender and press the Soup button. Add to stove to heat.
This would also be delicious with fresh basil, but I didn’t have any on hand…next time!
After you make this, you can actually enjoy your evening…hardly any clean up and it will only take about 15 minutes to prepare. You’re welcome 😉