I have lived in the dessert for 4 years now, and a couple weeks ago was my first snow day in four years and my kids’ first snow ever! It got me in the mood for some Chili. Since I’m so fond of Mexican cuisine, I had to add a little green chile into the mix…okay, A LOT of green chile. This is pretty spicy, so add as much or as little of the green chile and chili powder as you want. The best part…it’s made in the crock pot, so not only is it amazingly easy…your house will smell awesome all day.
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. chuck tender steak, cubed
- 1/2 c. diced roasted or canned green chile
- 1 14 oz c. diced tomatoes
- 1 14 oz c. chili beans
- 1 14 oz c. tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1-2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 c. whipping cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Add steak and brown 3-4 minutes. Add steak and other ingredients to the crock pot. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Add whipping cream to the crock pot and cook another 30 minutes.
- Top with cheddar cheese and sour cream and serve.