This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FinalFourPack #CollectiveBias Coca-Cola is a corporate champion of the NCAA.
It’s no surprise that I usually think of two things when having a party…FOOD, DRINKS and PRINTABLES! I have a passion for these (thus, the blog), so that makes for a pretty rockin’ party. My family loves sports, especially basketball! Since my brothers are moving closer to me for a few months, I’m sure I’ll be throwing the NCAA® March Madness parties at my house. I’m okay with it because A) parties are fun and B) food. Sensing a theme here? My brothers and husband LOVED these Cherry Coke Pork Lettuce Wraps and got a kick out of my Game Night Printables!
I don’t know about the men in anyone else’s lives…but the men in mine like meat and they eat a lot. I knew I couldn’t stick to my usual mini party dishes so I came up with these lettuce wraps. OH MAN…these are amazing! They have the perfect amount of sweet and savory with a little added heat. Everyone devoured them and ended up being very full. That makes them a success in my book! The Cherry Coke adds a unique flavor from the usual crock pot Coke recipes. Plus, it pairs perfectly with an ice cold Coke!
- For the Pork
- 1.5 lb pork tenderloin
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 can Cherry Coke
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp ancho chile pepper seasoning
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 Tb. brown sugar
- For the Wraps
- 2 c. uncooked white rice
- 3 Tbs. chopped cilantro
- juice of 3 limes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 heads of iceberg lettuce
- 1 avocado, diced
- cherry tomatoes, diced
- Heat up 1 tsp oil on a skillet.
- Season meat with salt and pepper and grated garlic, then add to pan. Brown on each side, then transfer the meat to the crock pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the crock pot, then cook on low for 6 hours.
- Shred the meat, then continue cooking for one more hour.
- While meat is cooking, cook rice according to your rice cooker instructions.
- Once rice is done, transfer it to a large bowl, then add lime juice, cilantro and salt and pepper.
- Cut lettuce leaves so they create a bowl shape.
- Layer lettuce wraps with rice, pork, then tomatoes and avocados.
Since this wasn’t a huge party, I got my drinks in the Coca-Cola NCAA® Final Four Pack available at Walmart. Since only four come in a pack, I was able to get one of each flavor without having a ton of soda left over. I loved having the variety! You can get them at Walmart 4 for $5 or 2 for $3. I found them in a giant display at the front of the store.
I paired all of these with my FREE Printables. To make the popcorn boxes, you’ll need:
- My FREE Printables, for personal use only
- Card Stock
- Hot Glue
- First, download the printables, then print them off.
- Cut out the printables along the black line, then fold all the white flaps in ward.
- Place hot glue along the side flap.
- Glue it to the inside of the other box like the image above. Repeat with the other side
- Place hot glue on two of the bottom flaps, then fold over and hold in place.
- Serve popcorn or other game night treats!
I also glued the straw flags to some paper straws and taped them to the cans with washi tape. You can serve them at the party or give them to guests as party favors!
Make sure you upload a selfie with a Coca-Cola product on the site below, and be entered to win 2016 NCAA Final Four tickets. The, head over to the site to find your selfie and see all of the others!
Follow Coca Cola and Coke Zero these social media channels to learn more ways to celebrate for NCAA® March Madness!