When I found this recipe for Paradise Bakery’s Sugar Cookies from Orange and Biscuits, I almost peed my pants. Okay, not really because that’s gross…but I was super excited. I am a HUGE fan of Paradise Bakery’s cookies, but my favorite is by far the Snickerdoodle. I knew that I just needed to add a little cinnamon to the batter and roll them in cinnamon sugar and they would be pretty darn close to the original. This recipe really helped with my Snickerdoodle craving because I’m pretty sure I can never eat one again. They were so yummy I couldn’t stop myself!
The plan was to make Valentine treats, but my daughter insisted that they be blue…so I thought, why not work with that? So I created these Cookie Monster printables to match my Cookie Monster Blue Snickerdoodles.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups shortening
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4 1/3 cups cake flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Blue food coloring
- cinnamon sugar mixture for coating
- Wilton Cookie Icing
- Wilton Candy Eyeballs
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, cream together sugars and shortening using an electric mixer. Mix on slow speed 30 seconds, then scrape down the bowl with a spatula. Increase speed to medium and mix for 3 minutes.
- Slowly add vanilla and beaten egg while mixing.
- Add a few drops of blue food coloring to the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine cake flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture, mixing on slow speed until just blended. Do not over mix.
- Scoop out batter with a spoon and roll into 1 1/2 inch balls (as well as you can...it can be a little sticky) and roll in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place on baking sheet. Flatten slightly with palm of hand.
- Bake 7 to 10 minutes and let cool COMPLETELY.
- Add two drops of icing right next to each other on the cookie and gently place the Candy Eyeballs on the icing. Let them dry completely (about 20-30 mintues) before placing them in the cellophane bag.
What you’ll need to create the gift bags:
- 5″ wide cellophane bag
- Card Stock
- Free Printables
While your cookies are drying, download and print out your FREE printables:
Trim the tags (they are 5″X3″) and fold them in half. Place cookies in a 5″ wide cellophane bag and staple the tags to the bag.
If you like these, you’ll also love:
Red Velvet Whoopie Pies…shaped like HEARTS!